My name is Robby Bear, and I am very honoured to be nominated for Yorkton City Council.
My wife Avery and I are raising a young family of four children (Sarah, Birdie, Kadence and Ryker) and we are very pleased to call Yorkton home. Moving to Yorkton at a young age, I attended school at St. Joseph Jr. High, as well as the Yorkton Regional high school. I studied business at the University of Regina, and have progressed as a successful business man in the community for the past ten years.
I have maintained strong ties with the community over the years and am presently in my third year as a Director with the Yorkton Chamber of Commerce. While playing Jr. “A” hockey with the Yorkton Terriers, I was privileged to be part of a great community based organization, and was honoured to receive the award of “most popular player voted by the fans”.
My greatest priority in running for City Council is to listen to the citizens of Yorkton, and to address their concerns ensuring the best interests of the community. I have extensive experience in strategic planning, budgeting, development and implementation of policies and procedures, as well as working with a diverse team to accomplish results.
With your vote, I will ensure your voice is heard at Yorkton City Council, with a key focus on the following issues:
• City of Yorkton Infrastructure upgrades (Kinsmen Arena, Municipal Airport)
• Responsible budgeting and planning of long-term infrastructure for future generations
• Annual maintenance (intersection lights, City streets, snow removal)
• Fiscal Responsibility and Transparency to the decision making process
• Cost effective spending to ensure tax dollars do not exceed the rate of inflation
• Ensure Yorkton continues to be a safe community for our citizens
• Ongoing support for senior housing and care facilities
• Enhance family amenities such as spray parks and walking trails
I am extremely excited to represent and work with the citizens of our community in bringing a fresh perspective to Yorkton City Hall. I am committed to being a voice for all residents in the community, and together we can ensure Yorkton continues to be a place “Where Good Things Happen”.