Human Resources Department
Tel: (306) 786-1708
Fax: (306) 786-6880
To obtain a .pdf version of the Employment Application Form Click Here
When applying for a position, please ensure you identify the City of Yorkton Competition Number indicated on the posting and the title of the position you are applying for, to ensure you are considered for the specific position of interest.
Resumes are kept on file for six months in the event that a job you are qualified for becomes available. Resumes may be submitted to:
Kaylee Diduck– Human Resources Advisor
City of Yorkton
Fax: (306) 786-6880
Electronically submitted resumes are preferred, but not required, in Microsoft Word 97 or greater and Power Point 97 or greater formats.
Full-Time Operator A
Water & Sewer Division
Public Works Department
Competition Number: 2015-24
You will be required to work under extreme and changing climate conditions, and must be able and willing to work in physically demanding conditions as a member of a team whose responsibility is to ensure public safety.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Distribution System Repair and Maintenance: repair leaks on services and mains, gate valve exercising, hydrant repairs and flushing, installing new services.
- Sewer and Storm System Repair and Maintenance: repair leaks on services and mains, camera services and mains, flushing mains, catch basin repair.
- Capital Water and Sewer Systems: installing new sewer and water infrastructure in new subdivision devlopments.
- Must possess working knowledge of the Sanitary Sewer System and ability to identify and maintain accurate video inventory of problem areas.
- Completes work orders, time sheets and required reports promptly and accurately.
- Performs daily equipment checks and minor maintenance as required.
- Augments Labourers with performance of their duties during periods of equipment inactivity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Competently operate the flusher/vac truck and the sewer video surveillance equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Operate equipment according to Standard Operating Procedures (S.O.P.)
- Follows all O.H.S. Regulations, Company Safety Policies
- Competently operate required equipment under minimum supervision
- Must maintain effective working conditions and relationships with fellow employees and must maintain open lines of communication with Supervisors
- Grade 12 or GED equivalency
- Minimum one year experience
- Class 3A Driver’s License is preferred
- Fireman’s License is preferred
- Must be willing to obtain Saskatchewan Environmental Water and Wastewater Certification
- Must possess and maintain RCMP security clearance
Salary will be in paid in accordance with Local 342 CUPE Collective Agreement.
Click here to view the Job Fact Sheet for this position.
Interested applicants may forward their resume and cover letter, quoting competition number 2015- 24 by 4:00pm on Friday, May 22, 2015 to:
Kaylee Diduck- Human Resources Advisor
Box 400 – 37 Third Avenue North
Yorkton, Saskatchewan S3N 2W3
Fax: (306) 786–6880
The City of Yorkton thanks all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Return to top