Human Resources Department
Tel: (306) 786-1708
Fax: (306) 786-6880
To obtain a .pdf version of the Employment Application Form Click Here
When applying for a position, please ensure you identify the City of Yorkton Competition Number indicated on the posting and the title of the position you are applying for, to ensure you are considered for the specific position of interest.
Resumes are kept on file for six months in the event that a job you are qualified for becomes available. Resumes may be submitted to:
Kaylee Diduck– Human Resources Advisor
City of Yorkton
Fax: (306) 786-6880
Electronically submitted resumes are preferred, but not required, in Microsoft Word 97 or greater and Power Point 97 or greater formats.
Planning & Engineering Department
Competition Number: 2014-39
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process and prepare correspondence such as letters, reports, memorandums, facsimiles, contracts, tenders, RFP’s, public notices, advertisements, financial reports and cost summaries for department related activities.
- Manage all reception duties, receive and channel incoming appointments and phone calls, handle public inquiries and complaints, scheduling meetings and circulation of notice to attendees.
- Diarizing of lease agreement and contract renewals (Airport and Transit)
- Generate and supply transit passes for monthly resale, as well as maps and brochures for general public.
- Act as liaison with contractors & suppliers (e.g. Transit, Airport, Capital Project or Material Acquisitions) or consultants (Capital Projects)
- Receive and channel utility easement agreements within the organization. Receive and handle inquiries regarding service locates.
- Perform reception and telephone duties in the absence of the Building Services or Economic Development Administative Assistants.
- Attend Municipal Planning Commission meetings as recording secretary; prepare and distribute meeting packages as required.
- Arrange conferences and accommodation requirements for department personnel. Process of purchase orders for supplies or services, as well as progress payments to contractors or consultants on projects or material acquisitions.
- Monthly and annual general ledger adjustments required to reconcile or correct transactions made. Cost breakdowns and summaries for projects, including invoice.
- Assist with annual budget preparation for Capital and Operational Expenditures.
- Maintain petty cash account for the department. Process refunds and replenish account.
- Calculate and prepare interim payments for contractors and consultants performing capital projects.
- Manage and maintain accounts receivable accounts for Engineering, and Water Works, that become in a delinquent state, preparation of documents for collection or property tax transfer.
- Street Use Permits - Prepare and circulate street or lane closure permits for residents or businesses (special events, building demolitions that may restrict traffic flow, etc.). Notification to emergency services (police, fire, ambulance).
- Truck Driver Training Permits – Prepare permit and invoice or collect fee from applicant.
- Moving Permits – Prepare and circulation for approval and return to applicant.
- 1 – 2 years post secondary training in Business/Administration with two years of related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Programs including Excel, Word, Outlook and Access. Familiarilty with Vadim and PMC software systems essential.
- Background knowledge in general accounting practices
- Experience preparing presentations and publications with computer software
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Possess RCMP security clearance
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday through Friday – 35 hour work week
Click here to review Job Fact Sheet for this position.
Interested applicants may forward their resume and cover letter, quoting competition number 2014-39 by 4:00pm on Friday July 25, 2014 to:
Kaylee Diduck- Human Resources Advisor
Box 400, 37 Third Avenue North
Yorkton, SK S3N 2W3
The City of Yorkton wishes to thank all prospective applicants; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Permanent Full-Time Arena Technician I
Gallagher Centre Water Park
Competition Number 2014-32
Reports directly to the General Manager of the Gallagher Centre.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Arena Technician will be performing various duties related to the general operation and maintenance of the multi-purpose Gallagher Centre.
- Daily operation and maintenance of various types of equipment and all areas of the facility, excluding the Water Park.
- Maintaining ice at the Arena.
- Performing set-up and take-down duties for various events and functions.
- Monitoring facility operating systems and reporting situations requiring attention.
- Completes other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Grade 12 or equivalency, with preference for post-secondary education or certification in a related field, experience working in an ice arena environment is an asset.
- Possess strong interpersonal and public relation skills.
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and with minimum supervision.
- Possess the ability to understand and comply with safety policies and procedures.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver’s license.
- Must possess and maintain RCMP security clearance.
- Possession of a current CPR and First Aid certificate is an asset.
Will be paid in accordance with the Collective Agreement with CUPE Local No. 342.
Hours of Work:
Shift work, evening and weekend work is involved.
Click here to review the Job Fact Sheet for this position.
Interested applicants may forward their cover letter and resume quoting competition number 2014-32 by 4:00pm on Friday, July 25, 2014 to:
Kaylee Diduck- Human Resources Advisor
Box 400 – 37 Third Avenue North
Yorkton, Saskatchewan S3N 2W3
Fax: (306) 786–6880
The City of Yorkton thanks all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Return to Top