Human Resources Department
Tel: (306) 786-1708
Fax: (306) 786-6880
To obtain a .pdf version of the Employment Application Form Click Here
When applying for a position, please ensure you identify the City of Yorkton Competition Number indicated on the posting and the title of the position you are applying for, to ensure you are considered for the specific position of interest.
Resumes are kept on file for six months in the event that a job you are qualified for becomes available. Resumes may be submitted to:
Kaylee Diduck– Human Resources Advisor
City of Yorkton
Fax: (306) 786-6880
Electronically submitted resumes are preferred, but not required, in Microsoft Word 97 or greater and Power Point 97 or greater formats.
Seasonal Labourer III Positions
1-2 Positions - Roads & Streets Division
1 Position - Water & Sewer Division
Public Works Department
Competition Number 2014-09
The City of Yorkton is a great place to work and if you enjoy a busy and challenging work environment, we encourage you to apply for a Seasonal Labourer III position within the Roads and Streets Division and the Water & Sewer Division of the Public Works Department.
The position reports directly to the Roadways Manager and/or the Water & Sewer Systems Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform skilled labour duties on Roads and Streets crew during maintenance and new construction operations.
- Individual must be multifunctional in various operations, capable of performing the following tasks effectively: preparation of existing sub-grades, sub-base and base preparation, asphalt placement, raking and rolling asphalt, reading and marking grades on new construction projects, application of dust suppressants, and crack-sealing.
- Periodic operation of heavy trucks and small and medium sized equipment.
- Perform daily equipment checks and minor maintenance as required.
- Maintain a working knowledge of and comply with all City of Yorkton Standard Operating Procedures, Policies and the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
- Maintain an open line of communication and good working relationships with Supervisors and Co-workers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 Education or GED Equivalency
- Must be able to perform physical labour duties under varied weather conditions
- Completion of SCOT/WHMIS training
- Most possess and maintain a valid Class 3A Driver’s License
- Must possess and maintain RCMP Security clearance
Salary will be in paid in accordance with the Local 342 CUPE Collective Agreement.
Click below to view additional information regarding these positions:
- Seasonal Labourer III - Roads & Streets
- Seasonal Labourer III - Water & Sewer
Interested applicants may forward their resume and cover letter quoting competition number 2014-09 by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 7, 2014 to:
Kaylee Diduck- Human Resources Advisor
Box 400 – 37 Third Avenue North
Yorkton, Saskatchewan S3N 2W3
Fax: (306) 786–6880
The City of Yorkton thanks all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Return to Top