Job Description - Recreation Attendant I
Date of Review: March 2006
DEPARTMENT: Leisure Services
JOB TITLE: Recreation Attendant I
RESPONSIBLE TO: Recreation Attendant II
The Recreation Attendant I is responsible for facility supervision at the Gloria Hayden Community Centre and/or the City Campground. This employee also provides facilitation and support services to individuals and community groups. This includes customer service functions, administration, janitorial maintenance, financial, and minor facility maintenance.
Operating from the Gloria Hayden Community Centre and the City Campground on a seasonal basis, this employee works with minimum supervision and is required to use sound judgement in overseeing routine activities. Specific assignments will be given and work completed under the direction of the RECREATION ATTENDANT II.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain positive relations with clients, general public and other staff.
- Respond to requests from staff, clients and the general public to ensure quality service.
- To perform various function required to maintain and effective financial reporting system.
- Ensure the safety of all participants through responsible supervision.
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate records, files and statistics as needed for the efficient and productive operation of the GHCC and the City Campground.
- Be knowledgeable of community and regional tourism information of interest.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies.
- Clean public washrooms daily and replenish supplies as needed.
- Perform general clean up and other janitorial maintenance of the facilities.
- Check facility and equipment regularly and report deficiencies to the Facilities Manager directly or through the Recreation Attendant I.
- Alert Emergency Services and assist with crowd control in emergency situations.
- Must comply with the OH&S Act and Regulations, all City of Yorkton Safety policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Use every reasonable precaution to avoid workplace incidents.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Recreation Attendant II.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well with volunteers and the general public.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Physical ability to perform the assigned duties.
- Work a variety of shifts including weekends and evenings.
Education, Training and Experience
- Grade XII education.
- Experience working with cash.
- Experience working with computers.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 Saskatchewan Provincial driver’s license. Upon written application to the Department Head and Director of Human Resources, an exemption may be granted in cases where an individual loses his or her driver’s license, but still maintains a clear criminal record, and providing the individual does not require possession of a driver’s license in order to perform his/her job.
- Possess and maintain R.C.M.P. security clearance.
- Possession of or ability to attain a valid recognized First Aid/CPR certificate.
/Leisure Services/Recreation Attendant I.doc