Yorkton's Early Story

Yearly Summary

 Pre-Settlement

 1882-1889

 1890-1899

 1900-1909

 1910-1919

 1920-1929

 1930-1939

 1940-1949

 1950-1959

 1960-1969

 1970-1979

 1980-1989

 1990-1999

 2000-2009

 2010-Present

Articles

Books Available

Municipal Manuals

Scrapbook

Other History

Yorkton's 125th Anniversary

Gallagher Centre Renovations

 On-Site Photos

Water Plant Expansion

Water Pollution Control Plants

2010 State of Emergency

Therese Lefebvre Prince, Historian
Tel: (306) 786-1722
Fax: (306) 786-6880
e-mail:

Scrapbook


CPR yard as it appeared in 1910.


Standing at the corner of Broadway and 3rd.


The Balmoral Hotel most noted for its operation by the Bronfman's during prohibition years.


Roxy Theatre at 11 Broadway E.; Currently the location of Bank of Montreal.


Mac's Service Station built around 1923 this was located at the corner of Broadway and 1st Avenue.


1891 - The first Manitoba and North Western Railway Company train into Yorkton.


This 1907 picture shows Levi Beck's farm implement office and shop. The bowling arena is now located on this spot.


The original Hudson Bay Store built in 1905 as it appeared in 1913.


Sir Wilfrid Laurier's Special Train into Yorkton. It was the first passenger train on the Melville-Yorkton branch of the Grand Trunk Pacific. July 20, 1910.


Busy day in the Village of Yorkton, 1897.


1910 - The Prime Minister's Visit. Motorcade leaving to visit the grain fields. Sir Wilfred Laurier is in the first car with Levi Beck. Car trouble developed at the corner of 3rd Avenue, and Sir Wilfred was transferred to another car to the embarrassment of every one, particularly Levi.


Cesna Crane - Aircraft used by the Yorkton Flight Training School of the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan. 1942-1943


Formation flight of Cesna Cranes, at Sturdie, a paved relief airstrip east of Yorkton. The airstrip was used to absorb the overflow of the main airport of the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, North of Yorkton. 1942-1943