Road Closures and Construction

With on-going growth in our community comes a continual need for us to ensure our roads are capable of handling more use. As a result, each year we undertake reconstruction projects to improve and upgrade many of our local roads.

In some cases, we simply resurface a worn, cracked road surface – short-term projects that often include:

  • Grinding up existing asphalt;
  • Repairing curbs; and
  • Laying new asphalt.

Other projects require more work, which often include replacing worn, outdated or failing infrastructure, such as:

  • Roads; and
  • Buried infrastructure, such as water, sewer and gas mains.

Once the infrastructure has been repaired or replaced, the road structure -- made of compacted gravel – is reconstructed to provide a sturdy base for the new road surface.

Road closures

Please see our Construction and Major City Projects for up-to-date road closures within the City.

Do you need a road occupancy or road work permit?

A work permit is required to occupy or close any city road, sidewalk or boulevard to conduct work or other activities. No work may take place on any portion of a city right-of-way without a valid permit.

View our Permits Page