Roads and Sidewalks

Whether we realize it or not, local roads and sidewalks play a key role in our daily lives. From ensuring a smooth drive, ride or walk to and from either work or school, to providing safe, clearly defined paths for drivers, cyclists and pedestrians – our roads and sidewalks keep us moving the right way.

Our Public Works department manages transportation related concerns, maintenance and construction of roads, parking areas and sidewalks in the community.

Snow concerns

Snow concerns can be reported through our online form. 

Report a Snow Concern

Pothole repairs

Although city crews regularly patrol streets to identify potholes and other road deficiencies, potholes can develop on a daily basis when temperatures begin to hover around zero degrees.

Each year we repair 1,000 to 2,500 potholes. The number and severity of potholes change from year to year, depending on the amount of freeze/thaw cycles that occur in the spring.

Reporting a pothole

We can use your help in identifying locations that require attention so that they can be repaired in a timely manner. Pothole complaints are addressed on both a priority and a scheduling basis.

Take note of the exact location of the pothole. Please be specific, let us know:

  • The street it is on
  • Which lane - north or south bound
  • Address or building it's in front of
  • Cross streets (e.g., between Smith and 3rd avenue)

To report a pothole call 306-782-7669 or fill out our online form.

Report a pothole

Street sweeping

Street sweeping clears tons of sand and debris from City roadways and helps to keep streets safe, clean and beautiful. We start the spring street-sweeping program in April or May each year, depending on the timing of the snow melt.

Our street-sweeping program operates on a schedule made up of six zones. Please view our street sweeping map to see which zone you are located in and when we will be in your neighbourhood.

Street Sweeping Map

The process typically takes six to eight weeks to complete unless weather conditions create significant delays.


Excavation permits are required for any excavation or trenching done within the City of Yorkton. These are required to be submitted at least 72 hours before the beginning of any project.

Excavation Permit

Burnt out street lights

If you find a burnt out street light, please report it to SaskPower online or call 1-888-757-6937.