Open or Close Your Account

Whether you are a property owner or a tenant, you must apply for a utility account in person at City Hall. You will need to bring valid photo identification and sign a work order and water contract.

Please provide one week advance notice when opening or closing an account.

Residential property owners

A $25 connection fee will apply to all new customer accounts. This amount will appear on the first bill. This fee will apply each time you change residences.

Commercial property owners

A $160 deposit applies when arranging for a water contract at a commercial property.


When renting a property that the tenant is responsible for the utility services, a $160 deposit applies upon signing a water contract.

When water service is no longer needed, the deposit is applied to the final bill. Credit balances will be returned by cheque.

To transfer your deposit to a new rental property in Yorkton, your account must be in a current position.


Owners and Landlords must provide any new tenant information. The tenant will need to set up the utility account and pay a $160 deposit.

Landlords are responsible for the utility services when their property is vacant. Once vacant, utility services will change into the landlord's name and they will receive a notice by mail. If the property will be vacant for a long time, the landlord may request a water shut off at the curb-stop. There is a fee of $170 plus GST in advance for this service.

Closing an account:

To close a water service account, you must notify us in person, by phone or through our online form in advance of the termination date. We are unable to backdate the cancellation.

Please be sure to provide us with a forwarding address so we are able to send your final bill or refunds to you.

For a complete list of terms, conditions and rates for extra charges please refer to the following bylaws.

Water and Sewer Rates Bylaw Water and Sewer Servicing Bylaw