Development Appeals

A Development Appeals Board (DAB) is a quasi-judicial board, appointed by Council who is responsible for hearing appeals and making decisions in a formal matter similar to a court. You may be able to make an appeal relating to items such as Development Permits, Subdivisions, Sign Permits and Zoning Orders. The Development Appeals Board will hear out your case.

Can I appeal?

Appeals can be made within 30 days of the decision date. Common reasons for appeals include:

  • Denial of a Development Permit application
  • Disagreement on a condition or misapplication of a Zoning Bylaw on a Development Permit
  • Objection on a Zoning Order

How do I make an appeal?

  1. Fill out the application form. Please view our details on type of appeals for more information to use on your application form.
  2. Submit your application form:
    • In person to the City Clerk's office located on the 2nd floor at City Hall
    • Mail (Attention City Clerk City of Yorkton Box 400, 37 Third Ave. N., Yorkton, SK S3N 2W3)
  3. Pay the $300 appeal fee.
  4. Your application will then go through the Development Appeals Board process which takes approximately 12 weeks.

Upcoming Hearings

All hearings are open to the public at City Hall (37 Third Ave. N.) in the council chambers.

No hearings at this time.