Yorkton is seeking a key player for its Environmental Services Management Team. If you are interested in a high quality of life and a low cost of living, then Yorkton will appeal to you. Located on the Yellowhead Highway, Yorkton is a vibrant and progressive community of approximately 16,000 people serving as a hub to the beautiful Parkland region. Due to its large trading area, Yorkton has many larger city amenities and provides the quality of life of a smaller community.
Reporting to the Director of Environmental Services, the Water Works Foreman’s responsibility is to provide front line technical support and primary supervision for the Water Treatment Plant, Pollution Control Plant and Landfill. The Waterworks Foreman will supervise analytical laboratory work for operations, process and quality control, co-ordinates the mainline flushing program with the Sewer and Water Foreman, manage the bio-solids application, oversees personnel administration, budget preparation, control and reporting systems and landfill operations.
The Water Works Foreman is responsible for hiring, training, performance and follow-up within a unionized environment. Must be able to meet the objectives and policies as set by the City. The position is also given great latitude for creative and innovative opportunities. The ideal candidate will possess:
- A diploma in Civil Engineering or Water Science Technology or equivalent.
- Possess or be able to obtain Saskatchewan Environment Certification in: Wastewater Treatment Class 4, Water Treatment Class 3, Water Distribution Class 3, Wastewater Collection Class 3.
- Obtain Fireman’s Certification.
- Candidates must demonstrate a working knowledge of; analytical lab equipment, procedures, quality control, computer spreadsheet and word processing programs, as well as, excellent verbal, written and supervisory skills.
- A high degree of personal initiative, good planning and organizational skills.
- Five years experience with at least two years at the supervisory level demonstrating a thorough knowledge of water and wastewater.
- Eligibility for membership in SASTT.
- A team player fostering positive communication with staff, contractors and citizens.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 Saskatchewan Driver’s license.
- Must possess and maintain RCMP security clearance.
The City offers an attractive salary and benefits package. For further information and a complete job description visit Employment.
Please submit a detailed resume complete with three references by April 20, 2007 at which time the review of resumes will begin, however the position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
City of Yorkton Human Resources Department
Box 400, 37 Third Avenue North
Yorkton, Sk. S3N 2W3
The City of Yorkton wishes to thank all prospective applicants; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.